Sexual Assault Support Services provides specialized supports to adult, youth, and childhood victims/survivors that have experienced sexual assault and/or sexual abuse.
Free, safe, and non-judgmental support services are provided based on your individual needs.
This specialized service is an extension of the Community Based Victims Services program, available to anyone who may or may not be engaged with other systems, and will explain and support you with your options.
Supportive services are available throughout the Shuswap including communities of Salmon Arm, North/South Shuswap, Sorrento, Sicamous, Malakwa, and Enderby. The program provides support to all gender identities. We are sex worker rights positive. We can assist with unique needs of LGBTQ2SI+, persons living with disabilities, Indigenous people, and new Canadians.
- Ongoing emotional support for anyone impacted by sexual violence
- Afterhours crisis accompaniment to police, hospital, and/or Transition House by a knowledgeable support person
- Information on sexual assault, your reporting options, and resources available
- For those who wish, accompaniment to medical appointments or at the hospital
- For those who wish, accompaniment to RCMP to report a crime
- Anonymous reporting option (Third-Party Reporting) for sexual assault
- Justice system supports for sexual assault survivors/cases
- Accompaniment to court, courthouse orientation, and assistance to request concessions to protect you at court
- Assist with Victim Impact Statements and/or Crime Victim Assistance applications
- Referrals for legal advice including low or no-cost options
- Referrals to counselling and support programs
- Safety planning and assistance with protective orders
- Assistance to access practical supports like housing, transportation, food and more when possible and appropriate
- Access to appropriate supports for child victims and supports for non-offending family members
- Collaboration with other programs, with consent, for wrap-around care to support survivors
- Education and prevention programs in the community You are not alone, and sexual assault is NEVER your fault.
Sexual Assault Support Services accepts self-referrals and referrals from community service providers. Please reach out by phone 778-489-0508 or email email@example.com