Stationed in the RCMP detachment, a trained group of staff and volunteers are available to victims 24 hours/ 7 days a week. Services include:
- 24 hour/7 days a week police-based crisis intervention services
- Support to victims/witnesses of crime and other trauma (for example, families of car accident victims, families of sudden death or suicide, victims of property crime, victims of common assault, etc)
- Support to youth and families in crisis
- Community education
Services provided to victims/witnesses of crime and trauma include:
- Police-based crisis intervention
- Information on the status of the police investigation and the progress of the case through the court system
- Emotional support
- Court orientation and escort if the victim/ witness is required to testify
- Crime prevention information
- Referrals to other agencies for counselling, financial support, legal or financial assistance, housing, etc.
- Assistance in completing Crime Victim Assistance Program applications
- Assistance in completing Victim Impact Statements
Crisis intervention services are provided to individuals and families who have been the victim/witness to a crime or other traumatic event such as a serious motor vehicle accident, sudden death or suicide, or acute family problems.
Personal Disaster Assistance is provided to individuals and families who have been the victim of situations such as floods and house fires. This service is provided in conjunction with the Canadian Red Cross and the Provincial Emergency Program.
24/7 support staff for Police Based Victim Services clients. To be a volunteer, Enhanced Security is required.
1980 – 11th Ave NE
Salmon Arm, BC V1E 2V5
Funded by the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General and the City of Salmon Arm