Area Women’s Shelters/Transition Houses
* Transition Houses are intended for short term accommodation of women and their children who are seeking safety from intimate partner violence or other form of abuse.
Salmon Arm Women’s Emergency Shelter: 250-832-9616
Kelowna Women’s Shelter: 250-763-1040
Kamloops Y Women’s Shelter: 250-374-6162
Vernon Transition House: 250-542-1122
Revelstoke Women’s Shelter: 250-837-1111
Shelters for Persons Experiencing Homelessness
- Salvation Army Lighthouse Shelter (Salmon Arm) 250-832-9166
Seasonal shelter. Located behind Centenoka Park Mall, on the corner of 5th Ave and 3rd Street SW. Doors open at 7 pm to 7 am with food provided.
- Gateway Men’s Shelter (Vernon) 250-260-2786
- Turning Points Collaborative (Vernon) 250-542-3555
- Upper Room Mission (Vernon) 250-549-1231
- John Howard Society (Vernon) 250-542-4041
Other Housing Resources
Shuswap Independent Living Association www.shuswap-revelstoke.cmha.bc.ca
- (250) 832-8477 ext. 121
Safe affordable housing to those who have applied to BC Housing for assistance.
- List of Transition Houses, Safe Homes, and Second Stage Housing: www.bchousing.org
BC Society of Transition Houses
BC Housing – Subsidized Housing
- How to apply for subsidized housing for families, seniors, people with disabilities, singles, and couples, and individuals who are Aboriginal. This is long-term housing where rent is determined by income. For low-income individuals: www.bchousing.org